Notice of Annual General Meeting – POSTPONED
Due to the current Covid situation in Greater Sydney, it is with regret that we wish to advise the we have postponed our Annual General Meeting to a date yet to be advised.
FROM THE PRESIDENT
Please find three enclosed forms:
- Notice of the Annual General Meeting– The AGM will be held at 10am Sunday the 18th of July 2021 at Manly LSC. There will be a zoom option.This year Mel Pelly will be nominated for Life Membership. To be carried, the nomination requires an 80% majority of the votes cast by those members present and entitled to vote. The Constitution requires a secret ballot.
- Nomination for Office 2021/2022– Nominations for Office must be with the Secretary by no later than 5pm Saturday the 10th of July 2021. Please read the eligibility criteria.
NEW DIRECTOR POSITION
There will be a Special Resolution this year that a new position of Director Member Services & Youth be appointed to the Board. This needs to be sanctioned at the AGM. I invite members with 5 years good standing as a patrolling member of the Club to nominate for this very needed position.
Director Member Services & Youth
Aim is to provide worthwhile and enjoyable personal and professional development opportunities for all members. Member Services spans across core portfolios of Lifesaving, Education, and Surf Sports whilst also incorporating Youth. Member recruitment and retention is also a very important section of the Member Services portfolio.
- Membership retention across all categories, member welfare and member inclusion.
- Member Development (JAC and over 15 years youth engagement and leadership development)
- Member Recognition (internal and external awards)
- Communication to members including newsletters, social media etc
- Coordinate and direct Member Protection (WWCCs, MPIOs Child Protection Ofiicers)
- Fees for 2021/2022– Fees are now due and payable by the 30th of September. Early bird membership will expire on the 30th September. Competition, locker and storage fees are payable by 30th of September. The Board appreciates that some members could be facing financial uncertainty and as always can apply to the club for fee relief on the grounds of financial hardship. All applications will be treated confidentially- Email to The President at firstname.lastname@example.org
PAY YOUR MEMBERSHIP EXTRAS HERE
Nomination for Office 2021 2022
Minutes 109th AGM 20 September 2020