Manly LSC is situated in the quiet Manly, a narrow isthmus between the ocean and Sydney’s Northern Bay near the North Head. It’s the only place in Sydney where you can take a ferry to swim in the ocean.
In Manly there are more local people than tourists, bodyboards and surf boards are accessorizes more important than even shoes and the most important thing is to take it easy and enjoy the place.
You can find us at the southern end of Manly Beach, housed in the Manly Surf Pavilion on the corner of South Steyne and Ashburner Street – just a short walk from Manly Wharf. Our sundeck overlooks the ocean and the panorama takes in beaches all the way up the coast to Freshwater and beyond. But if you want even a greater view, in a five minutes walking you can arrive to the famous Shelly Beach, from where is possible to see all Northern Beaches coast.
In the north, we share the beach with North Steyne SLSC and Queenscliff SLSC.
MANLY LSC GOES SOLAR
Australia’s solar energy brokers, Solar Choice (opposite Manly Wharf at Lv3, 39 East Esplanade), have generously sponsored the Manly Life Saving Club with a large 10kW solar power system (click here to see desjgn) worth over $20,000, and have also paid to upgrade the Club’s office to receive three phase power.
Drop in to their friendly Manly office to receive your personalised Solar Power Proice Comparison.
Alternatively give them a call on 1300 78 73, or simply fill out the online form on their Northern Beaches webpage
Manly LSC is committed to a safe, clean and pollution free environment and improving its carbon footprint.Environmental initiatives or programs adopted by the club include:
- Protection of the Cabbage Tree Bay Aquatic Reserve.
- Deterrence campaign against cigarette butts left on the beach.
- Education of our nippers and members on the environment.
- Clean ups of the beach by club members when required.
- Commitment to the Green Building Council of Australia with regard to our redevelopment proposals and aim to make the Manly Life Saving Club building the Greenest lifesaving club in the world.
Youth education and development, community aid and child protection
Manly Life Saving Club is proud to assist our community through the following organizations:
- Bear Cottage
- Belrose Rotary Club
- Cystic Fibrosis NSW
- Dubbo School of Distance Education
- Fairy Bower Precinct Community Forums
- Loreto Kirribilli School
- Lucca Leadership Australia
- Manly Hospital
- Manly Village Public School
- Manly West Public School
- Monte St Angelo Ladies College
- National Breast Cancer Foundation
- Northern Territory School Sport
- NSW Institute of Sport
- Roundhouse Childcare Centre
- Royal Far West Children’s Health Scheme
- Spastic Centre of New South Wales
- St Augustine’s College
- The Salvation Army Red Shield Appeal
- Australian Red Cross