Every parent wants their child to lead a happy, healthy and active youth. There is no better place for this than introducing your child to surf lifesaving and nippers.
Nippers is a junior program that introduces children aged 6 to 13 to surf lifesaving. It is a fun outdoors activity that grows a child’s confidence, teaches valuable life skills and knowledge. Nippers is about learning, confidence and having fun in a safe beach environment. For Nippers, the beach is the classroom. They gain confidence by passing the ‘tests’ of swimming, body boarding, beach sprints, dolphin-diving, spotting a rip, having fun with new friends and discovering things about themselves.
But it’s not hard work. We like to call it serious fun! Nippers is a great way for children to make friends, be active and enjoy the beach in a safe environment. The skills gained in nippers will stick to the soul like sand from the beach and be carried for life.
Across Australia there are almost 50,000 nippers (6-13 years). Manly Nippers has over 750 nippers and is one of the oldest and most successful Clubs in Australia. Manly Nippers was founded in 1965 and we celebrate our 50th season this year with lots of fun activities and celebrations.
Manly Nippers is the current NSW Age State Champions for the last 8 years in a row from 2009/2010.
Come Join Manly Nippers Today!!
First Child – $120.00
Second Child – $85.00
Third Child – $65.00
Forth Child – Free
1 x Nipper Parent – $75.00
2 x Nipper Parent – $125.00
Competition Levy (U9-U14) – $50.00 each
Competition Levy (U8) – $20.00 each
- Payment can be made via cash, cheque or EFTPOS
- Proof of Age is mandatory for all new members. Proof of age is the original or certified copy of a birth certificate or passport.
- It is a Manly Nippers requirement for at least one parent to be a member for MLSC. If you are not an Active Member you will need to join as a Nipper Parent
- All parents and nippers MUST sign the Manly Nippers Code of Conduct
- All parents MUST contribute in some way to the running of Manly Nippers, please complete the Get Involved form
WHICH AGE GROUP AM I (2017/2018 Season)
The age group for the season is determined as at midnight on 30 September. Children must turn 6 between 1st Oct to 30th Sept. To determine what age group your child is, please go to Age Group Information
- Under 6 – Birth Date Falls Between 01/10/2011 to 30/09/2012
- Under 7 – Birth Date Falls Between 01/10/2010 to 30/09/2011
- Under 8 – Birth Date Falls Between 01/10/2009 to 30/09/2010
- Under 9 – Birth Date Falls Between 01/10/2008 to 30/09/2009
- Under 10 – Birth Date Falls Between 01/10/2007 to 30/09/2008
- Under 11 – Birth Date Falls Between 01/10/2006 to 30/09/2007
- Under 12 – Birth Date Falls Between 01/10/2005 to 30/09/2006
- Under 13 – Birth Date Falls Between 01/10/2004 to 30/09/2005
- Under 14 – Birth Date Falls Between 01/10/2003 to 30/09/2004
Children are required to participate and compete in their appropriate age group. A child may join the Club as soon as they turn 5 years.
NIPPER PARENT MEMBERSHIP
At least one parent is required to be a member of Manly Life Saving Club.
Due to Surf Life Saving Regulation, insurance and child protection protocols, any parent that holds a Committee or Group Leader position or who assists in any way that involves direct interaction with children MUST join the Club.
If you have any questions on this process, please contact our registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org
How You Can Help
Parents are the backbone of Manly Nippers! Put simply, we would not exist without the help of our dedicated volunteer parent helpers. Every parent has an important role to play in the delivery and support of our activities on the beach and in the water. The more you get involved, the more your child will enjoy nippers. There are countless volunteer jobs around the club and you don’t need to have had any surf life-saving experience. Most of our parent helpers will not get their feet wet in the season, but will still make a valuable contribution to the running of the club!
If you do wish to improve your own surf safety skills, parents can enrol in the Bronze Medallion course and many parents go on to become patrolling members of Manly LSC, improving their fitness and surf skills, whilst contributing to the greater community.
There are a variety of jobs that are done behind the scenes of Nippers, from committee positions, gear stewards, setting up the equipment on the beach, fundraising, carnival officials through to our all-important fund-raising BBQ on a Sunday morning. Whilst teaching surf-lifesaving skills are the reason we exist, the benefits of being part of the Nipper movement go far beyond the surf!
You must ensure you download all the forms below and complete. For new members you will need copies of your Nipper Birth Certificate and Proof of ID for Parents.