Season starts Saturday 24 September 2016 – finishes Wednesday 25 April 2017
Course dates, details and bookings are below. Further information on other in-house courses and to register your interest can be found by scrolling down.
Silver Medallion IRB Drivers
Week 1: Sunday, 8 October 2017 (7:00am to 10:00am)
Week 2: Sunday, 15 October 2017 (7:00am to 10:00am)
Week 3: Sunday, 22 October 2017 (7:00am to 10:00am)
Week 4: Sunday, 29 October 2017 (7:00am to 10:00am)
Week 5: Sunday, 5 November 2017 (7:00am to 10:00am)
Week 6: Sunday, 12 November 2017 (7:00am to 10:00am)
Week 7: Sunday, 19 November 2017 (7:00am to 10:00am)
Week 8: Sunday, 26 November 2017 (7:00am to 10:00am)
Sunday, 3 December 2017 (Time To Be Confirmed)
– Be at least 16 years of age to commence training
– Be at least 17 years of age on the date of final assessment
– Hold and be currently proficient in:
IRB Crewperson Certificate
– Be financial member at Manly for the 2017/18 season
THIS COURSE IS LIMITED TO 10 CANDIDATES
To register your interest for a particular course please click on the link below.
In-house courses are held from time to time throughout the season to enhance the skills of our volunteer lifesavers. You must be a financial member and register to undertake a course.
BRONZE MEDALLION Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
- Must be at least 15 years of age on the date of final assessment.
- Must complete an unaided swim (goggles/masks permitted) of 400 metre swim in nine (9) minutes or less, in a swimming pool of not less than 25 metres or, over a measured open water course which will be observed prior to the candidate undertaking any water training or assessment activities, evidence of which must be provided to the Assessor on the appropriate form prior to commencement of the assessment for this qualification.
- MUST be at least 15 years of age on the date of final assessment.
- MUST be currently proficient in Bronze Medallion (and hold the Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)).
SILVER MEDALLION – IRB DRIVER
- Be at least 16 years of age to commence training.
- Be at least 17 years of age on the date of final assessment.
- Hold and be currently proficient in:
Bronze Medallion and Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
IRB Crewperson Certificate
- Meet the local state Marine Licensing requirements.
- Hold the following units of competency (normally attained on completion of the Bronze Medallion/Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)):
PUACOM001C Communicate in the workplace
PUAEME001B Provide emergency care or HLTFA201A or B Provide basic emergency life support
PUAOPE002B Operate communications systems and equipment or PUAOPE013A Operate communications systems and equipment
ADVANCED RESUSCITATION TECHNIQUES CERTIFICATE COURSE (ARTC)
- Participants must be at least 15 years of age on the date of final assessment
- Hold one of these SLSA awards: Bronze Medallion OR Basic Emergency Care Certificate OR Senior First Aid Certificate
Expressions of Interest for Branch Duty Officers
For those interested Branch have put out for expressions of interest for applications for Branch Duty Officers. Please contact me on email@example.com for further information.
The minimum requirements are;
SLSA Bronze Medallion
Current First Aid Certificate
Silver Medallion Basic Beach Management with a minimum of 5 years as Patrol Captain
Class C Drivers License